Wednesday, December 31, 2008

end of year

By most accounts 2008 will go down as a crappy one.
The low points.
I was drinking and hiding from myself for 3/4 of it and i only got worse. My wife wants a divorce one month after being sober. I like my job but i could be doing something else. Day care is f-ing expensive and all of my bills. I will have to get a second job to afford the house.

The high points.
Been sober 99 days and i love it, wish i would of done it back in the summer of 07. My new support system is amazing. The main focus of my life turned three. I found me again and i never want to lose that. The hope in me for all things has come back. I want to see the world i missed in a bottle. I love blogging and all of you out there i hope to meet more of you.

For 2009.

I just hope things will work out between us and if not i can handle it. I hope my son stays healthy and happy. I know i won't drink. Staying in AA is a life long goal. I guess i hope 2009 can only be better because my life can't get any worse.

2 comments:

Fishstyx said...

I know that there are some tough things you have to deal with right now. If life can't get any worse then consider yourself lucky. Let me start a graditude list for the things you do have.
1. Your son I met at meeting this morning. There is no mistake who is #1 to him.
2. An incredibly cool old friend who introduced you to the fellowship of AA.
I'm sure you have more but after #2 could it get any better? :)
2009 will be called the year of the recovering frat boys!

Shadow said...

up, up and awaaaaay..... welcome to 2009!

and by now i think you've hit the 100 days! how cool.

i'm glad today is today. the stress of the holidays can be packed into a suitcase 'til next year, normal life will kick in soon, and todays's the first step towards leaving a mark on 2009. i hope yours will be a good one. on many levels i think it will be. just take a look at yourself...