Thursday, December 4, 2008

72nd day

Well it is over. My marriage came to an end at dinner for my birthday. The 1000 lbs that has been lifted is surprisingly nice. I now don't have to worry or try to win her back. And what ever happens i can handle it, and stay sober along the way. All new beginnings come from something ending. I feel the strongest that i have in years and i know it is from being sober. When i was drinking i would have drowned the sorrow with beer after beer until i forgot about her. I don't want to forget her the way she smiles the way she laughs the way her hair smelled. And most importantly the way she made me feel she will always be the best thing that has ever happened to me. I had never felt loved in all my life not from my parents not from other girlfriends. She made my world complete she is also the first person that i have ever truly loved and i will always love her. I know i should be mad at her for wanting to end this but I'm not. It might come along later but we are joined for life by the life we have created. And how can i hate someone for giving me the second best thing to happen to me. Our son is the most important thing in the world to us and he needs to know it. Mommy and daddy may not be together but i know we will always do the best for him. And that's what is important to me.

I still hope for the best for each of us. I will pray for nothing but good things for her. But most of all i know good things are in store for me. I have a amazing support group of friends and AA members and a soon to be ex father-in-law who all want the best for me and our son. How can i not be nothing but positive for the future. Iknow that not having her in my life at all would hurt so much more.

3 comments:

Fishstyx said...

I love your outlook. I'm pretty confident I would not be that positive at all. Even though we can't see it right now it all has a reason. Stay good to yourself and God so that all hardships can have a happy ending and purpose. I really was mad about my frat days after sobriety until I was there to call by you and Rubble about sobriety. I have a feeling we might get a faw more converts as they see how AA changes our lives. Peace Fishstyx

Shadow said...

damn, that's sad. your resilliance is commendable. yes, you will forever be linked by your son. yes, you are sober. yes, you are a wonderful beautiful butterfly slowly emerging from your coccoon!

indistinct said...

Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that your wife and you are going to be as a team to raise your son.

One day at a time, or one moment at a time, we can face what life brings our way. I no longer need to take refuge inside that bottle.

We need never be alone.