Monday, December 22, 2008

3x30= 90 days

I can't believe i made three months. I'm so proud of myself this is great. I want to thank all of you who support me and this blog. To all my friends in AA and at work and of course my friends i had before i choose this new life for me. I wish it was under better circumstances but so it goes. What ever happens i can handle it and stay true to myself and be sober. I have not felt this good about myself for such a long time. I'm still a little nerves about being to confident but i am on the right path for me and my son. I do love me again and that's all i can ask for. That 3 doors down song "Let me be myself" is such a inspiration to me. I first started to like the song for everything i was going through with her. Then i was listening to it and walking around my house. There is a mirror by are front door and i was singing to myself and looking in it. Then it hit me that song is not about her and me. It is about me and what my drinking has done to me and how i lost myself. If you don't know it there is a great acoustic version on youtube, you can give it a listen. Then think about what i just said about all we have lost to the bottle. I know i sound like I'm preaching to you and yes it bothers me to pimp the way i see that song. But the ways it inspires me is amazing i listen to it every morning.

I'm full of hope for me and the future with my son. I still hope for the best for all i love and that will never change. I just have so much hope and i love it.

3 comments:

Shadow said...

3 months! congratulations!!! and YOU made it happen!!!

we have all lost a lot to the bottle. but we also have the opportunity to gain back, re-make, become a better 'me', find the peace in our soul that we deserve. you go!!!!!

Syd said...

I'm really glad for you. It's a new chapter in your life and one in which you will be happier than you have ever been. Have a great Christmas.

indistinct said...

Congrats on the 90 days. Keep on working those steps. I have no idea where you are in regards to the 12 steps but working them saved my life. They were the path upon which I gained a measure of spirituality.

As the big book says:

We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done." (page 85)