Wednesday, February 25, 2009

155 days

Why is it when you get what you want, there has to be those weird silent moments. The living together thing has been very good, i have asked her if she is happy and she says yes. The getting use to each other can be a little straining at times. Like yesterday, trash goes out on Wednesday so i clean the house and get the trash out. For me this is very helpful because it is something i can control. I can see the clean house when I'm done and it feels good. For her it was me not spending time with her and our son. I don't get it i know we have to feel each other out again and see if we still fit. My ocd really kicks in around the house i need to have something i can control and a clean house is it for me. i don't think it is a bad thing. I cleaned yesterday so i can spend the whole night together with them tonight. The readjusting can be hard, i have stopped trying to guess what she is thinking and just ask her what is going on in her head. Sometimes it's a OK question the other times it feels like I'm bugging her. I am very happy we our trying to work things out and that i can't rush things. So i should stop complaining and just enjoy it.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

you're right, relax and get used to everything slowly. i'm so glad you are where you are, though!

Banana Girl said...

Old lawyer saying: Never ask a question you don't know the answer to. Be still and breathe. Let the calm be your comfort. Control is a virtual reality show. It is not real. Only your complete surrender will set you free and then you will know the depth of love you have never before experienced. It is a miracle. J.

Syd said...

I like what you said about not rushing things and just enjoying. If I stay in the moment, then all is good. If I move too fast and forward, then things aren't nearly as good for me or anyone around me.

DM said...

Wow. Its weird to read about this stuff from the guys perspective, but also very helpful and insightful... Thanks. And thanks for the nice comments.