Monday, February 23, 2009

5 Months Today

Today is five months with out booze. I hope the roller coaster that has been my life will settle down now. With some new turns of events, she and i are now living together again. We went on a date Saturday night and it just hasn't ended. We talked a lot about everything that night we even went to look at her new apartment. But for some reason that even we can't explain this just feels right. We took our son for a nice hike on Sunday just another of the many things i would not do when i was drinking. The hike was so much fun i do really like to hike but was just to lazy to do it when drinking. I set here lost in thought about all the things we have missed out on with my drinking controlling this marriage. Another thing to add to my list of things i wont let happen again. Banana girl tells me that a gratitude list is always a good thing to blog about so for her and me a short one.

1. Staying sober and getting all of my life back.
2. My family
3. Hope
4. The program
5. My higher power (it still fells a little weird to type that one)
6. My true spiritual and moral compass
7. My great support system
8. Having a secure job in this hard time
9. Love
10. The future

4 comments:

Shadow said...

this sounds absolutely wonderful. i'm happy for you. and for your 5 months sober? excellent and WELL DONE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all of you that your family is back together. That is so major and a lot of people never get that no matter how hard they try. It so much work, but its so obvious how much you love your wife and son, its just so awesome to read this.

Banana Girl said...

RC,
Congrats on the 5 months! Keep coming back, it gets easier. As for your statement about things you won't let happen again, I would point you to your list and remind that your HP is the one who got you here, will help you stay and if you choose, keep you here. The rest of us are just the window dressing and little nudges of enthusiasm to keep you balanced. Your balance is showing and you and your higher power can make it shine. Don't fear it, embrace it. The help is really good. It is not a sign of weakness, but one of strength. Again, congrats, on so many levels. J.

Syd said...

I'm glad for you. Things do manage to straighten themselves out once some time has passed. That's why I listened to my sponsor who told me not to make any rash decisions in the first year of recovery.