Monday, January 19, 2009

monday

Well it's a new week, Friday will be 4 months. For me to 1/3 of a year is pretty cool, the mental and physical healing has been great. The emotional hurt i feel that to will pass in time, so this is my new life. 36 and a single father i never thought i would be here but i need to make the best of this new hand i have been dealt. I have great friends in AA and out, people who do care about me and hate to see what I'm going through. The best thing in the world in my son who i only see part time, that sucks. I never though i would love being a father, to look on my boy and see his face is the best thing in the world. I know a lot of this pain will go away, i hate being lied to she finally said she had no intentions of getting back together with me. So why play games i would respect her more if she told the truth from the start. There is someone out there for me and that relationship will start at a lot better place with me being sober. I can't hurt the ones i love intently being sober. All i want is for this to be over so i can move on with my life. I do feel ready to meet new people not date but to make some new friends and start enjoying life again. I still need something good to happen, maybe this is the good thing that's happening. I will be able to tell down the road.

I hope and pray for the best for me and my son and that is it right now.

3 comments:

Banana Girl said...

The serenity prayer is your friend, repeat it until you mean it. It will help. It helped me. Keep going to meetings, the time without her in your head will increase as you find people you can help with your incredible heart. J.

Shadow said...

a third of a year...... that so cool. keeps the positive in the forefront....

indistinct said...

You wrote "I will be able to tell down the road."

Glad you can see that. We never know if what is happening to us is a good thing or a bad thing. Time reveals that. Experience teaches me that it was the most painful episodes my life that have the most to offer. I changed through them and now have gratitude for them.