Monday, March 23, 2009

six months

Well today is six months. As one guy in my meeting says "that's a long time between cocktails." There have been times that i miss it, like hanging with the guys or out with the wife. But for me one beer is really a six or a 12 pack. That's just a life i do not want to go back to, i have been such a happier person without it. I know what i lose if i go down that road again. First i would lose me then my wife and son and that is a road i can't go back down. So when those thoughts go through this brain of mine all i need to do is think of them and of me. I was so unhappy without them(see all post before mid February) seeing there loving faces, holding them and laughing with them. I can't lose all of that again and make it back down the good road that I'm on. There will be more urges but i just need to think through the drink and i will be fine. The hurt i would put us through out weighs any drink. I do love my family so much, this is where i belong. And where i need to stay.


Stay sober out there and be happy.

5 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Congrats on six months! You wife and son are lucky to have you sober with them.

Banana Girl said...

What a wonderful world indeed! You are mentally and physically changed! Stay close to your sponsor and keep on keepin' on. It is a long time between cocktails and as for the hangin' out part you can find that you can do that to without drinking. It is the hangin', not the drinkin'. In time, God will show you how. Just trust that for today.

Shadow said...

wow! congratulations!!!! you are super you know that? and as the days add up, and the rewards keep getting more, so too will the desire to keep adding to that happy pot of memories...

Unknown said...

Congrats on six months!!!
I always tell people who ask me to drink with them or are drinking why I don't drink, I usually look them in the eyes and say, "if I take that drink and drink it, I'll be living in your basement, or on your couch and you won't be rid of me..." then I tell them the truth...period. Congrats!!!

Fishstyx said...

Yes brother you are amazing! In just six months. In the BB it says sometimes quickly somtimes slowly but we will be amazed before we are halfway through. Oh how I have prayed these things could happen for you. Along that way the things I have prayed to happen for you have materialized for me as well. The day you came in to pick up that chip I actually forgot, for just a moment, that I knew you way before we were in this program and you called me to 12 step you. I am so happy to watch your transformation into the sober right minded man you are becoming. You and that little boy are a treasure to witness.
Fish