Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm back and it only was 4 days

Wow i made it back here pretty quick for once. I had a decent weekend, the meetings i went to where just what i needed. Drama free until Saturday night We went to a friend of the family for dinner. My very fat ass(i am still down 25lbs since i quit drinking)broke her most important chair that supports her back. The damn chair is 20plus years old and the back broke. I sit in this chair every time I'm there, she blows up on me. "You know that chair is my life line for my back" IT'S A F#*%ING CHAIR move on i offered to fix it i said i was sorry. She could not hear me, if i was standing there naked she would not have noticed. So i go out to the garage to look for some wood glue. My wife and son where inside with her and she bashes me the whole time i was in the garage. When i come back in my wife says we our leaving that know one is going to talk about me or her family that way. So we left and went to a friends house and had a great dinner and conversation. Sunday meet the same friends for breakfast and had a great morning until we where on our way home. My wife's mom was coming over for dinner that night for mothers day. Well she calls and is all pissed off that we didn't call her in the morning to wish her happy mothers day. We didn't give her a time for dinner we don't respect her, we don't care about her. Her mom has depression and PTSD and has spent a lot of time in the loony bin, oh yea we have also bailed her out of jail twice. But we don't care about her even after she tryed to kill herself and my wife took care of her getting her to the hospital and again the loony bin. So my wife really can't stand her mom much and now wants nothing to do with her. Her mom then calls me and trys to turn me against her saying all sorts of crap about my wife. I feel very stuck in the middle but I'm standing with my wife on what she wants. She doesn't want to see her mom and doesn't want our son around her mom. That's fine with me I'm here for my family and i will support what ever she wants to do when it comes to her family. It's a good thing i just finished steps 6 and 7 a little humility went a long way with this crap going on all weekend. Oh yea 230 days it's been awhile since i put that number up there at least that feels really good.

3 comments:

Shadow said...

man, this is progress. not taking others issues upon yourself. truly wonderful!

Syd said...

It sounds like an up and down weekend. Glad for your 230 days. Good for you.

Banana Girl said...

RC, Way to go. Good to see you the other day. Just look at the progress you have made. All that chaos and you stayed sober! What a gift and miracle. Isn't life wonderful when we know the next right thing? Congrats on your support for wifey. Tough issues and tougher territory. Just know that all the love you have today is more than any other person in the world to your wife and your son. J.